Jersey Shore (PA) Swim Blog

Jersey Shore (PA) Swim Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Clarion University Swim Camp - Day 3

This is part of a continuing series as we will follow five older swimmers (Maddi Thompson, Addison Crawley, Jamie Mason, Lindsay Dudek, and Tyler Sheets) plus one of our coaches (Leland Thompson) to see how they fare at Clarion University's Swim camp.

Leland
:
This morning the campers woke up for a two hour practice, and then went with Coach Miller for a quick talk about Butterfly. After the Butterfly talk the swimmers had a core workout with Coach Tilly and then ate lunch. After lunch the swimmers went back to practice the Butterfly drills that they talked about with Coach Miller earlier in the day. The swimmers then had a dryland workout, but the workout was meditation and relaxation (nap time for 90% of the swimmers). The swimmers went back for an optional practice, where they completed Coach Dave Sheets famous Yo-Yo Set (A drop out set of 50's) our swimmers did amazing, with Maddi being the top female left, and myself being the top male left (Maddi beat me by 15 x 50's). After that the students ran up to scarf down there dinner so they could be ready for Mini Golf and Slushies.After Mini Golf the swimmers came back for some Pizza and shut eye.

Madalyn:
Today I woke up and felt very tired from all the workouts. Also, today we went to optional practice. It was super hard! We did a drop set of fifty's and it was like a Yo-Yo. I was the last girl left along with another girl in the "elite" group. For winning it, I got a shirt from Duquesne. I also got a sheet to questionaire to fill out for the swim team at the University. I was happy how I did today and I hope the rest of the week will go smoothly as well.

Jamie:
Today's morning practice was a sprint workout, and it was pretty hard. Then we learned about butterfly and did some drills on butterfly later on. I am quite sore from all the workouts we have been doing. We also went minature golfing and it was fun!! Later on in the dorm rooms Lindsay hit her head and it was really funny, and I couldn't stop laughing. Haha...

Lindsay:
Today was a sprint day and butterfly day. I enjoyed it very much, since I swim butterfly and I'm a sprinter. The butterfly drills we did were "one arm", which you swim with your non-moving hand down to force yourself to have better balance. Also, we did "snow angles" in this you just traced you arms across the surface, showing you how low your arms should be in the recovery. All and all it was a good day.

Tyler:
Today we went mini golfing. I won by five. We then had really bad slushies i got lemon lime. We then came back to the dorm and order a large cheese pizza. We then played a couple rounds of ninja Maddy usally won...

Addison:
We had swim practice this morning, it was hard but we all needed a good workout. After that we went up with Coach Miller to talk about butterfly, this talk helped me learn a lot about butterfly. Then we went to a nice core workout with the medicine balls. At the second practice, learning about butterfly, everyone was laughing at me because I was going so fast. Lee kept motioning for me to slow down.

No comments:

Post a Comment